- Claims We Help With
- Amputation Claim
- Birth Injury & Pregnancy
- Brain Injury
- Cancer Misdiagnosis & Delay
- Care Home Negligence
- Cauda Equina Compensation
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cosmetic Surgery Errors
- Dental Negligence
- Fracture Misdiagnosis
- Failures in Surgical Consent
- Faulty Medical Products
- GP Negligence
- Hospital Negligence
- Eye Surgery Compensation
- Misdiagnosis & Delay
- Spinal Injury Claims
- Stillbirth Claims
- Surgical Errors
- Compensation Types
- Amputation Related Injury
- Bile Duct Related Injury
- Birth Related Injury
- Brain Related Injury
- Bowel Related Injury
- Cancer Related Injury
- Cardiac Related Injury
- Care Home Related Injury
- Cauda Equina
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cosmetic Related Injuries
- Dental Related Injury
- Diabetic Related Injury
- ENT (Ear, Nose & Throat) Related Injury
- Erb's Palsy Injury
- Eye Related Injuries
- Gynaecological Related Injury
- Hip Related Injury
- Knee Related Injury
- Nerve Related Injury
- Spinal Related Injury
- Orthopaedic Related Injury
- Pressure Sore Injury
- Rheumatological Related Injury
- Urology Related Injury
- Considering a Medical Claim?
- Case Studies
- FREE CLAIM ASSESSMENT >>
Medical injury by way of hip surgery can result from only from incorrect surgical procedure and lack of aftercare but also through medical devices used for hip surgery. In August 2010, DePuy Artificial Surface Replacement (ASR) issued a voluntary recall of its ASR XL Acetabular Hip System and DePuy ASR Hip Resurfacing System after it was discovered that metal in the DePuy ASR was causing serious side effects and had a failure rate of one in every eight patients.
Types of Hip Replacement Surgery Injuries
Although all medical procedures carry risks, errors may occur resulting in further injury or harm to the patient and their loved ones. Such injuries following hip replacement surgery include:
- Severe nerve damage
- Fracture of the bone
- Tissue/muscle damage
- Walking difficulties
- Metal sensitivity and pain
- And any other hip replacement injuries
More serious complications of having the hip replacement system included increased metal ion levels in the blood, allowing fluid to collect in the joint and in the muscles around the joint, necrosis and swelling. These can lead to revision surgery to deal with the serious complications that may have arisen and further physical injury.
If you or a loved one has been affected by hip surgery which has prolonged or exacerbated a medical condition, we are here to help.
How to seek Free Legal Advice on a No Win, No Fee?
Here at Mistreatment.com we are able to carry out a free claims assessment under no obligation, in order to establish whether your circumstances warrant a medical complaint or a medical negligence claim on a no win no fee basis.
Should your claim be considered under a no-win no-fee basis, you can decide to instruct the specialist medical negligence solicitor.
Should you decide to instruct the specialist medical negligence solicitor and your claim is unfortunately unsuccessful, you will not pay.
What can I claim for in a successful medical negligence claim?
In successful hip replacement error and negligence compensation claims our specialist medical negligence solicitors have experience in recovering compensation, as well as arranging any necessary services to improve the client’s quality of life.
- Compensation for the Injury or Loss
- Loss of Earnings
- Interim Compensation Payment
- Private Medical Treatment Costs
- Care & Case Management Costs
- Rehabilitation Costs
- Housing Adaptation & Relocation
- Out-Of-Pocket Expenses
- Compensating Dependants (Spouse/Children)
- Benefits & Financial Advice
- Independent Medical Experts
- Court Of Protection
- Coroners Inquest Advice
- Special Adapted Vehicles
- Recovering The Legal Costs
As each enquiry is unique the advice given will be tailored to the individual circumstances of the client.
About Our Medical Negligence Teams
Mistreatment.com is comprised of specialist teams of medical negligence solicitors throughout England and Wales. Mistreatment.com are committed in fighting for truth and justice, raising clinical standards and ensuring you or your loved ones receive the compensation you deserve under a no win no fee basis. Find out more about members of our hip replacement error compensation team…
Our commitment to victims of medical negligence
We understand each patient’s circumstances are unique, however with our specialist medical negligence solicitors and barristers Mistreatment.com are able to provide you with support, guidance and access to justice. Our commitment is to offer you:
- Free private and confidential initial advice.
- A no obligation free claims assessment, so you know where you stand.
- Legal representation under no win no fee, if you seek to pursue a medical negligence claim.
- Experienced medical & legal advisors who will listen to you and are there to help.
- Access to experienced teams of specialist medical negligence solicitors across England and Wales.
- If you decide to make a medical complaint we can provide a free and independent complaints guide.
Unsure If You Are Entitled To Make A Hip Replacement Error Claim?
Before you decide to bring a claim, our dedicated claims department will under no obligation carry out a free claim assessment.